Sunday, January 04, 2009

"(They) like me! (They) really, really like me! (sic) ~Sally Field

Lovin' the visits yesterday. I DO love me some quotes. You've encouraged me now!

Here's a long one...so appropriate for me right now.

I'm reading A Beautiful Ache: Finding the God Who Satisfies When Life Does Not
by Leigh McLeroy

(The Ache of Persevering)

“If there were any place better for you than the one in which you find yourself, Divine Love would have placed you there.” ~Charles Spurgeon

She writes, “Life can be so hard that the temptation to quit or coast tempts us sorely. But there’s no joy to be had in stopping short….We keep on believing that God knows what he’s about.”

“I imagine God saying to us, mid-story, “If you can only trust me in this, the ending will be so much finer and more satisfying.” …”At the culmination of our story, Christ will rule and reign. He will wipe away every tear. Every knee will bow to him, and every tongue will call him Lord.”

“I’ll believe that the worst tragedy I could imagine is only the briefest pause in the tale of grace that God whispers in the ears of the sleepy children that he loves.”

Get this book!!

Peace,
~Mad
Remember: Find my OWN little words at www.xanga.com/madewyn

No comments: